Sunday, December 2, 2012

A year of lip products #4

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
Tokidoki at Sephora Prisma Gloss in Sandy
Something right up my street! I'm usually sold on packaging over quality and end up with some duds and fails over time. Tokidoki in Japanese means "sometimes" and I'm not too well versed with the history of the brand, but, whatever. The packaging itself is really quite something as it's slightly bulkier than your regular gloss and it's got a really cute charm on the cap. Sort of reminds me of snow balls (is that what they're called?) where you turn them upside down and watch the snow fall. So cute! The other thing that I love about it is how the applicator is spatula style and I can get a more precise application. Both sides are the same so I use one side for my bottom lip, and the other for my upper lip. The gloss itself may look pretty scary as it's in a toxic-looking green that doesn't seem too friendly for any time of the day. But have a look at the hand swatch where it's only very slightly tinged in green, which in my opinion makes a great neutralizing color. And on the lips, well, it looks just like a clear gloss except for the mirror-shine quality that most other glosses lack. Wear time isn't all that great because the glossiness kinda fades a little after an hour or so although it does keep my lips feeling moisturized enough. The scent isn't something that I can put a finger on; something that isn't yummy, that's all I can say. Most people would scoff at this glorified "clear" gloss and I totally understand. But how cool is it to just pull it out of your bag in public and make a show of touching up with a green tube?

No comments:

Post a Comment