Sunday, June 1, 2014

May '14 empties

I believe that I'm now in my "nesting" mode. Or I'm just product demon. How else am I to explain my insane mowing through of products?


rinRen Konatsu & Camellia Treatment
Talked about the shampoo here and the Yuzu & Ginger treatment here.
Repurchase: No

Took me a really long time to finish this one up. Like, more than a year, with on and off use. Seems like a pretty standard sized bottle for toners (lotion in Japan), but at 170ml and 7 drops per use once a day, this really went a long way. I found it particularly useful on warm days when I'm too lazy to moisturize or when moisturizer makes my makeup melt faster/face oilier. 7 drops of this, some BB cream and I'm good to go. It's not particularly hydrating but it gives my skin a little something to cushion the BB cream as the ones I use are not particularly good in providing moisture. It's also nicer to be able to pat on product in the morning instead of soaking up a cotton pad and swiping as I sometimes find that it's a little too harsh especially when I have really irritable skin. With no fragrance and color, I'd say this is a good budget buy for people with sensitive skin. At my age, I need something that will improve the appearance as well as maintain moisture so I'm gonna move on and experiment more.
Repurchase: No

For men, apparently. Since Mister Homebody and I share shower gels, I try not to get anything that's too girly. Love, love this. Probably second in line after their Satsuma Shower Gel which we used one giant bottle of here. Not your typical refreshing, fruity scent from The Body Shop and I'd say this is good regardless of season. I always step out of the shower feeling relaxed after my shower.
Repurchase: Yes

I've used up a bottle here. Still have a few bottles in my stash (yes, I'm a crazy hoarder, I know).
Repurchase: Have backups

Comes in a squeezy tube with a needle point sized nozzle. Perfect for not having too-big globs when you don't need them. Recommended by my dermatologist when I was going for some skin peels and treatment last year (not much improvement, long story) and always left the clinic with hypersensitive and red skin. I get reactions from most chemical sunscreens and have therefor stayed away from using sunscreen ever. Imagine the amount of damage I've suffered through the years :( This is a purely physical sunscreen without UV ray absorbing agents that can be used on both the face and body although I used it only on my face due to the 30ml size and price point. Loved it in the beginning as it didn't contribute to the oiliness in my face and seems to spread easy enough. I used it on days when I have to spend a lot of time outdoors (walking to school, taking pictures on a sunny day etc.). At a glance, I have zero white cast, but after putting powder or foundation on, everything goes horribly wrong. Instead of a smooth base, I'm uber cakey especially around my nose and mouth. I credited it to my lack of moisturizing at first, but even after moisturizing and smoothing this on, I still get cake-faced. Whichever way I tried it, I always ended up with a mask-like face. Slightly darker foundation, moisturizing foundation, BB cream, powder foundation, nothing worked. I loved that my skin had no reaction to it and I never get a burn or even feel remotely sore when I used it, but I don't think I can make it work with other products.
Repurchase: No

Claudia Jansen & Co nose strip
Used here. Does what it's supposed to, that's all.
Repurchase: Have a few more strips to go

Esprique Precious Powder Foundation SPF22 PA++(sample)
Not entirely sure which one this is as Esprique has a few powder pacts in their line, but I love it! Got the sample along with the makeup bases that I used up here and it lasted me a good couple of uses. The salesperson must be psychic and know that I'm always wearing mismatched bases because this is the perfect match for my skin (OC-410 for my own future reference). Either that, or I'm just lousy and still have much to learn. It works beautifully with their makeup bases and it's so natural that I'm almost able to fool myself into thinking I'm not wearing any makeup! No dryness or oiliness detected, just smooth beautiful skin. I used my Sephora mineral powder brush with it and was rewarded with the most beautiful finish I've ever seen on myself! Win!
Repurchase: Yes

ELAN Cleansing Cloth
A sample thrown in during a purchase I made from a Korean skincare store some time ago. Rub the cloth on wet hands to foam it up and then massage onto face. Acts as an exfoliant as well as a cleanser. No scent that I remember of, but I'm not entirely sure what the ingredients are since it's all in Hangul. I liked it, but feel it's a little wasteful to discard one cloth with each use.
Repurchase: No

Muji Cotton Puff
A staple which I've talked about here.
Repurchase: Yes

Another freebie from a Korean purchase. For relaxed, clear and moisturized skin. As mentioned before, I don't use sheet masks often enough to be able to see the results. At most, I pop them on after my night time shower and go to sleep after I've removed them. I know most people massage the essence in, moisturize and call it a day. I can't stand the stickiness, really, so I moisten a cotton pad with toner and wipe the essence off before rounding up my night routine. My skin did feel a little plumper and smoother immediately after use (as with any other mask I use) and it felt like I had a bunch of grapes on my face, haha. 
Repurchase: No

My monthly 10 done! So looking forward to thinning out all this stuff I hoarded and eventually just be able to stick to staples and products that actually work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment