Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March '14 empties

March had been a crazy busy month for me. Between settling into a new place and trying to adjust my schedule now that we live slightly further from the train station, I was also wrapping up my first year of teaching in high school.

Our apartment was still filled with boxes (most of which I packed and labeled, but still manage to forget what's exactly inside) that I had to dig through almost everyday to get what I want. Not easy, I'll tell you, when the Little Tako seems to be getting heavier and more wriggly by the nano second.

This month saw some samples and a couple of products that I  had really enjoyed using.


Bifest bi-phase Eye Makeup Remover
Something that has already been featured in one of my previous empties posts and needs no introduction nor explanation.
Repurchase: Have another backup bottle somewhere in one of my many boxes...

E.L.F. Shimmer Gloss in Miami (discontinued)
Exactly the same as their (also discontinued) Minty version except this one smells and tastes a little fruity. Plastic-fruity, if I may add. Boring, work-safe, kept my lips moisturized for a couple of hours, nothing to write home about.
Repurchase: No (discontinued)

Clarins Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Comfort Cream (sample)
Something that Mister Homebody had thoughtfully picked up for me seeing that I'd been having skin woes due to hormonal changes. This is the first cream in a long while that didn't make my face oily overnight. Instead, my face felt normal which is something I don't even remember feeling first thing in the morning. Smells relaxing and luxurious, too.
Repurchase: Bought the full-sized jar

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind (sample)
Came together with the little baggie from Mister Homebody. Has little scrubby bits that I'm pretty sure are not synthetic because they feel like crushed nutshells on my face. Love the scent and the fact that it rinses away clean with no residue. I used this as my morning cleanser and it didn't leave my face tight even in the cold and dry weather.
Repurchase: Bought the full-sized tube

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Light/Light Medium
I'm not sure if this has been discontinued as I got it in a swap and it's not available in Japan. Never having been a fan of BB creams, I had actually really enjoyed using this as the cut up tube shows, till the very last bit. I loved the zero effort needed for the sheer and light coverage it gave me and wore it all summer through winter. Only difference was, I skipped the moisturizer in summer as I tend to get oily. A quick buff with a face brush followed by a light sweep of powder and I'm good for the day. I do get shiny through the day, of course, but that's by no fault of the product.
Repurchase: No (not available in Japan)

Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color in 01 Peony
Color is crazy pretty (for lack of more descriptive words) but it shattered and became so messy that I hardly bothered since I transferred it into a little jar. Soft and easy to blend but may be a little light on my skin tone.
Repurchase: No

Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream Light in 02 Natural (sample)
Not sure if I used this wrongly but it looked really cakey and melted on the sides of my nose and below my lower lip. I did powder over it as I tend to do on long days but I just look cake-faced. It was also a shade darker so I'm glad it was just a sample. I might try out the lighter shade if I can get my hands on another sample, though.
Repurchase: Possibly in a lighter shade

Esprique Moist Makeup Base (sample)
Love. LOVE. I'm not one who bothers with primers and foundation bases but I wish this little foil packet had more than just one use because I'm so in love! It worked wonder for my winter skin and I saw zero dry patches, yet, no trace of shine. So easy to smooth and the SPF25 was a bonus for me as my skin is highly reactive to sunscreen ingredients.
Repurchase: Definitely (after I'm done with my current tube of sunscreen)

Esprique Flat Control Base UV (sample)
Another win for me. Should've discovered this sooner and I imagine that it would work very well for me in summer. No allergic reactions, too!
Repurchase: Yes

Clarins Multi-Active Day Early Wrinkle Correction Cream (sample)
Item #3 from Mister Homebody's baggie and you must be thinking, "Is it safe for pregnancy?" Answer is yes. Clarins has stated that their products are pregnancy safe, but of course, if you're feeling iffy then skip along. I liked this one, very much. Not heavy or oily for day use and perfect under makeup (although I'm still figuring how to layer on the pesky sunscreen and not be cake-faced). Smells beautiful, just like other Clarins products and seems to calm my skin more than my current moisturizer.
Repurchase: Bought the full-sized jar

All in all, it's probably the best empties month I've had so far with wonderful new discoveries as well as using up makeup products (they never seem to die, do they?)

What did you finish up in March?

No comments:

Post a Comment