Sunday, December 30, 2012

A year of lip products #8

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
LORAC Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss in 4D
Here's something slightly more showy for this festive season. I've not heard of LORAC until pretty recently, and I wish I'd known about them sooner! Because I absolutely love everything LORAC that I have so far! This here is a 3D lip gloss that delivers exactly what it promises and way more. First off, the applicator is a short bristled brush that is pretty stiff. I did find that I have to double dip to get enough product to cover my lips. I also noticed that with most brush applicators, I get a streaky application and often have to do some work to even it out. But aside from that, there's so many things to love in this tube of gloss! In the tube, you can clearly see that it's absolutely packed with glitter and this is one of those products that gives you exactly what you see, no swatches necessary. Depending on the lighting and angle, I get slightly different results due to the multi-dimensional glitter and holographic effect the gloss gives. At the core, this is a cool, blue-toned bubble gum sheer pink grapefruit scented gloss that you can use either on its own or to dress up a boring lipstick. It doesn't, in any way at all give me the feeling of having disco lips when I've got this on. It also fills out my lips nicely and makes them look full without being overdone. I end up with a gorgeous (albeit slightly frosty) shine that I really love. Although sticky, I don't mind it too much because my lips don't feel dry at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment