Sunday, December 16, 2012

A year of lip products #6

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
Anna Sui Lip Gloss in #300
I have always had a love for Anna Sui everything for the goth loli packaging and their signature subtle rose scent. This was probably one of the very first Anna Sui products that I bought when I started wearing makeup. Back then, I had practically zero knowledge about war paint and with the few dollars that I had as a student, all I could rely on was the girl at the counter for advice. Granted, this is not the color that I would personally pick today as it's a little too pale for my liking, but this gloss here had gained me a few compliments here and there every time I wore it. The wand applicator is not your typical doe foot and I actually like that I can use any surface I want because it picks up just enough product for one application. It has the lovely signature Anna Sui rose scent, which I love but it's pretty much tasteless, which is slightly disappointing. In the tube, the shimmers can be a little daunting and it looked really opaque. The hand swatch says otherwise, though. The texture is a little jelly-like and the microscopic flecks of shimmer is almost unnoticeable. My one gripe is how the product highlights the lines in my lips instead of plumping them up. It could be because the color is paler than my lips but they seem to settle in pretty quickly. This is one of the stickier glosses that I own and it takes a little bit of work to get a nice finish. I do, however, get a pretty decent wear time out of it considering it's a gloss that I wear only on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment