Sunday, December 23, 2012

A year of lip products #7

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Orange Soda LSS588
One of those lipsticks where the color appears almost exactly the same as the tube and a hand swatch. On my hand, it looks a tad dry and highlights the lines of my skin. However, on my lips it seems to fill up my lines quite nicely. I don't often have dry lips so I didn't need a balm prior to putting this one. The color is quite a bit lighter than my original lip color and gives off a cross between the wrong shade of lip concealer and dead person on me, probably due to my Asian skin tone. Not a lip color that I would personally pick for myself, ever, as I don't see an occasion that requires me to look like a corpse. It isn't drying but not particularly moisturizing, either. When I smoosh my lips to even out the color, it slides around a little too much for my liking and results in a patchy finish. I find that if I keep my mouth closed even for just a few minutes, the color will settle and form a very obvious line on my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment