Sunday, September 29, 2013

A year of lip products #47

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss (SPF15) in Lilac Pastel
I like lip glosses more than I do lipsticks, really. I find that they (usually) keep my lips moisturized longer than lipsticks and look more effortless than an opaque lip color. In general, I veer towards lip glosses more also for the fact that I don't have to be too careful about slicking them on. A good one will spread itself out easily and fill in the lines of my lips without making them stand out. This comes with your standard doe foot applicator that picks up just enough product for one application without the need for double dipping. From the tube, I deducted that I'd get at least a semi opaque, high shine finish on my lips. That's half true, because it did go on kind of opaque, but the problem I had after that was how patchy it looked on my lips. It went on easily enough when I stretched my lips a little bit, however, as soon as I pucker up, the products settled into lines that I never even knew existed. The more I smooshed my lips together in attempt to spread the product out evenly, the worse it looks. There was some stickiness though I totally expect that out of lip glosses. As the color is clearly not for the nude-loving people, I won't go into how it's not your everyday lip gloss. It did take a lot of trying for this to look decent in the picture and I got a good couple hours of wear without eating or drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment