Sunday, September 8, 2013

A year of lip products #44

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
LORAC Sheer Lipstick in Just Kissed
I'm not sure why it's taken me forever to write about this lipstick when I practically use it everyday. I might've mentioned that I'm more a lip gloss kind of person for the ease of application and more often than not, sheer laziness. On the days that I actually wear lipstick (work days), this is the first thing that I pick up. Many may not like sheer lipsticks for the lack of color and it's not often that I do, either. It just that, this one here smells pretty delicious in a vanilla cookie kind of way and immediately hides the flaky bits on my lips. Add on the zero effort factor since I almost always run out of the apartment in the morning sans lip product to make it in time for my train, and how my lips get an instant boost of moisture and soft glossy effect, I'd wear this down to a tiny nub. The only negative that I can see in this is that the moisturizing effect doesn't last as long as a lip balm would. I wouldn't layer it on top of a balm as it's sheer enough on its own but even when my lips are drier after a couple of hours with this on, there's absolutely no hint of flakiness to be seen. I love how it adds on a bit of warmth to my face without that 80s brown lipstick look. On the swatch, it took 20 swipes for it to show so that may give you an idea of just how sheer of a lipstick it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment