Sunday, September 22, 2013

A year of lip products #46

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
E.L.F. essential lipstick in Posh
I think I've just found my perfect Autumn lipstick! This baby may not look like much in its cheap plastic packaging that doesn't roll up properly all the time, but once on my lips, wow! In the tube, it appears to skew to a purple-blue-pink kind of color, but the swatch on my hand says otherwise. It's a pleasantly fruit scented warm berry hued pink that is perfectly wearable even for scaredy cats like me who work in conservative environments! Although it doesn't glide on as smoothly as other moisturizing lipsticks, the tugging is very minimal and one swipe produces very opaque results. I didn't experience any feathering or bleeding, nor did I see any product settling into my lip creases and clinging on to dry patches. I wouldn't go as far as to say this feels light as air on my lips but I've worn more expensive lipsticks that made me feel a lot less satisfied. No stickiness and for the first time ever, I didn't get any lipstick on my teeth (which is saying something!). I also love, love, LOVE that it doesn't pool up on the inside of my mouth leaving a line that gives a stark distinction between where the lipstick stops and my natural lip color starts. I saw a slight stain after wiping off with a tissue but who cares when it's in a pretty warm pink! So much win, this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment