Sunday, September 1, 2013

A year of lip products #43

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
Senna Cosmetics duo lip gloss in Chocolate Cherry
This is the Chocolate side, I'm assuming, as the other other side is a much lighter, creamier nude kind of color that I don't particularly favor. To be really honest, I've only really used this side twice in the entire time that I've had it. And now, I'm wondering why I haven't picked it up more often, seeing that the color really isn't as old lady as I thought it was. Yes, it's brown and shimmery, but on my lips, it doesn't appear that way at all. I'd say this is a warm color that I can wear regardless of season (except maybe on really windy days because no lip gloss has passed that test yet). Some people might label this "frosty" or "contains micro shimmer particles". I'm really not all that great with descriptions, so you can take a look at yourself at how non scary it looks on the lips as opposed to the heavy swatch on skin. It doesn't hide flakiness completely but I'd say it's good enough for the days when lipstick just doesn't cooperate. Like most other lip glosses, it's not meant to have lasting power and I'm completely fine with that. Who'd ever finish up a lip product that you don't need to reapply anyway? Not too glossy, slightly sticky, and medium-glossy (in the sense that I don't get a mirror-like shine from wearing this). Pretty ho-hum, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment