Sunday, January 6, 2013

A year of lip products #9

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
Clinique Different Lipstick in Twinkle
Let me apologize for the crap quality top picture, but I really have no idea how it happened. The iPhone usually gives good enough pictures but it just decided not to today :( The lipstick looks really beautiful on my lips, honest! As shown in the skin swatch, there's quite a bit of shimmer in this one, although you really wouldn't be able to tell at all once it's on the lips. I love how smooth it glides on and makes my lips feel instantly moisturized without having to apply a balm prior. I'm not usually a pink lipstick kind of person as my complexion leans on the warmer side, but I actually really like how this looks on me. It's a blue-based pink shade that is totally deceiving in the tube and pretty sheer so I get that MLBB look plus some sheen. I'm not big on wear time as I'm obsessed with using up my products so, yes, this transfers to your cup and wears off when you eat. I imagine that this would be really pretty in spring and summer without looking too "done". Discontinued, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment