Sunday, January 20, 2013

A year of lip products #11

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
ZA Aqualish in S01
One of those lip products I've had for a looooooong time but never get to using often. ZA was the teenage brand when I was in high school. And yes, it was a long time ago, but that's not the point. Packaging's always super cute, and I like them even when I grew up and away from being a teenager. This one here is housed in a shiny blue metallic case that actually looks pretty classy for a drugstore brand for the young. The Aqualish range is a hydrating line of lip colors that are sheer with a water-like shine. I like. What you see in the tube is what you get exactly on your lips. As you can see, the skin swatch and the tube is identical. On my lips, it's a cool toned pink tint that doesn't make me look like a dead person and can be worn on its own. In the past, I've used it to tone down darker and bolder lipsticks and it's worked very well to provide that bit of shine and oomph. Other times, it's kind of my to-go lip balm that isn't a lip balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment