Sunday, November 18, 2012

A year of lip products #2

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
The Balm BalmShelter Tinted Lip Gloss SPF 17 in Valley Girl
My very first product from The Balm is...very disappointing. To be fair, this was sold as a tinted gloss so I shouldn't really expect anything more than a tint. The color looked perfectly safe for everyday wear and the added sun protection factor sounded promising. It comes in your standard spongy doe foot applicator that I honestly don't like at all because I get paranoid that it will harbor all sorts of nasty stuff in those little nooks and crannies. Not much product is picked up and it annoys the hell out of me to dip 3 more times to do my lips. From the tube itself, I gathered that there's some shimmer but what I didn't expect was that they were practically glitter when I swatched it. Thankfully, it doesn't translate to lips and I have to say (albeit grudgingly) that it left me with a nice soft shine. I didn't experience any stickiness that usually comes with glosses nor did I particularly feel that my lips were moisturized. If anything, I thought my lips felt drier after some time. I was also pretty disappointed that while it smelled pretty decent (some fruity indistinguishable scent), it had zero taste. Overall, this is so underwhelming and meh that I don't think I ever want to wear it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment