Sunday, August 18, 2013

A year of lip products #41

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Kissy Fit 
I like this. I really, really do. I'd even wear it regularly if my hair didn't fly around all the time and get stuck on my lips. First of all, pink is not in my usual list of picks for lip color as I believe the ship may have sailed and I'm a little too old to be sporting bubble gum colors. Of course, I am wrong, since this is right up my alley and didn't make me look like a pre-teen. In the tube, the shimmer is glaringly obvious and the color stands out as a pretty bold pink (not loud, just bold). Even on the skin swatch, the shimmer particles are quite evident, but like with other lip products that I own, they're not in your face once applied onto the lips. I love, love, that it fills out my lips and smooths out all the fine lines. I don't even need to worry about flaky lips as I find that the product spreads out so evenly to camouflage any dryness that I might have. One coat of this (no double dipping, yay!) and my lips are perfectly juicy and luscious. It is, however, a little thick and sticky so I definitely have that something-is-on-my-lips feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment