Sunday, August 11, 2013

A year of lip products #40

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Kiss Me Coral
I know many bloggers love coral shades in summer and it's something that I'd love to try, really. In all honesty, this is a really beautiful wearable shade that is considerably less bright than what most women half my age are wearing. Warm toned, almost red, but not quite. On my lips, I swiped 2 coats on and due to the fact that I'm generally too chicken to wear bright lips, I didn't manage to do a good job so I had to even it out with a brush. Although it's supposed to be a creme finish (which I assume is a little more moisturizing?), my lips were a little dry and it highlighted the flaky bits. I really like that I don't have that dreaded inner rim of color on my lips which I sometimes get with other lipsticks. It feels light and I can't say much about wearability since I had lunch an hour after I put it on. It did, however left a little stain on my hand after I wiped it off. Overall, not something I'd be brave enough wear on its own (shame, really!), but I'd love to sheer it out with some balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment