Sunday, October 6, 2013

A year of lip products #48

I have recently discovered that I own an obscene amount of lip products. In an effort to downsize without having a blog sale or burning all the makeup in my possession in a bonfire, I thought it would be a neat little idea to take inventory of my lipsticks, glosses and stains.
Pictures are taken in natural daylight with no color correction or manipulation.
Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Bamboo Pink
I think I'm officially in love with Clinique lipsticks! Here's another work-safe color that I rediscovered in my stash. Although the name says Bamboo Pink it leans a little brown, in my opinion. I don't personally own many long last lip products and I'm pleasantly surprised at how smooth it glides on and has just enough slip not to tug, but not too much to make it slide around my lips. On the bullet itself, I was pretty put off by the frost and as it's evident on the hand swatch, it even has shimmers! I'm not one for frosty lipstick because I think it looks too dated. But once applied on my lips, I didn't experience any grittiness from the shimmer (win) nor was the frosty finish too startling (win). What I ended up with was a very nice sheen that made my lips look soft and perfectly kissable.

No comments:

Post a Comment